The Final Report of the TEN/MET Baseline Study on Promoting Children's Rights to Early Childhood Care in Tanzania, is now complete. It is available for download as a PDF file on the website at this link.
The study was conducted by Prof. Lyabwene Mtahabwa (PhD) of the The University of Dodoma, before the end of 2013. Its objectives were:
- Establish the level of enrolment in preschool as well as the barriers to enrolment
- Determine trends in budget allocation by the Government to ECCE
- Investigate child abuse cases and actions taken against such cases
- Find out the extent to which parents and communities are aware of the need to enrol their children in ECCE programmes as well as protect them from abuse
- Enable preparation of advocacy and campaign tools to increase access to and attendance of young children in ECCE as well as ensure their safety and security, particularly for disadvantaged children
It is available for download as a PDF file on the website at this link.